CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

4

So...it's been a while.  A few updates...
Philly was AMAZING!!!  We had so much fun! Poor Amber was sick the entire time.  She hobbled around town trying her very best not to bring the rest of us down.  She did a good job of it actually!  It was really funny because on Jasmine's birthday when we went to a dance club, Amber, the crip danced while Katie, Caylin and I sat down and people watched.  We are not club-compatible people.  I did feel bad though because on the first night, Amber got sick and Caylin and I had to take her home from the bar so she could throw up...not fun.  She didn't get the cheese steaks the other girls got the first night and ended up having to wait until the last night to get them.  It was pretty good too.  Caylin and I taught Yazzy and Amber 'bubba gump"!  It was so much fun.  In case you don't know, bubba gump is our code phrase from the second road trip to signify the spotting of an attractive male.  On a side-note...the Memphis airport is teaming with bubba gumps!  Back to Philly tales....  We went to a different bar every night...which, not gonna lie, was a freaking blast!  Katie and I ducked out of going out the last night we were there because we were both incredibly tired.  Katie passed out with great ease.  I, on the other hand, did not.  I was so tired that I couldn't sleep.  It was horrible, but I did get some of my homework done.  Jasmine's friends, Daniel, Rachel, Todd, and Nancy, who came to visit her for her birthday, were awesome.  I must admit that I liked Rachel and Daniel a lot more than the latter two.  Jasmine's roommates were awesome too!  Cole kept to himself more than Christina did, but he was nice when he chose to play with us.  We, of course, went shopping...at Ross and found some awesome things.  Caylin and I got matching purses in different colors--if ever there was doubt that we are sisters, it should now have been eradicated--Katie and I got matching jackets in different colors--they are adorable, but my buttons keep falling off--and Amber and I got matching scarves in different colors.  I know, we are weird, but, hey, we have known each other for years and years; we are bound to have similar tastes.  The plane rides were...long.  However, the first one was amazing!  Caylin, Yazzy and I sat in front of a man named--no, I am not making this up--Jim Dandy.  He is epically amazing!!!!!!!!  he was hilarious and kept making fun of his wife who was sitting on the other side of the aisle in the middle seat because nobody would switch with him.  He kept making fun of that row and us.  He stopped making fun of us when we reminded him that we were sitting in the Emergency Exit aisle and if we crashed, his life would be in our hands.  After that, he called us his "Emergency Crew" or his "Emergency Angels".  We love him(!!!) and are going to visit him and his car club in the Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Tempe!  EXCITEMENT!!!  He gave us a hug when we got off the plane.  I did feel a bit bad for Amber because she couldn't sit with us because of her gimpy knee.

One thing that did bother me on this trip, was when the girls and I got on the subject of...him.  Jasmine, apparently didn't know that he had never even kissed me.  Her reaction..."Wow. He must have really liked you."  Really, that isn't what I need to hear at this point.  I figured out already that he really liked me.  I am assuming that if he hadn't, he wouldn't have said that he loved me.  The ultimate topper...my sister said, "Yeah he did."  I wanted to cry!!!  Everything was in the past tense.  It was like the universe was rubbing it in that he probably doesn't feel the same way any more.  I, of course, had a dream about him that night.  I don't remember is all, but I remember that he showed up on my doorstep and I was living in Tucson with his older brother and my best friend, Adam--yeah, it is an awkward situation.  I hate feeling so lonely without him.  He always had this way of making me feel utterly safe with him and kind of...complete, I guess would be the word for it.  I did send him a message on Facebook--that is the only way I have to get ahold of him because he never calls me--saying thanks for giving his sister, Amber, to Philly with us and that we all appreciated it.  I signed all of our names to it.  The last night in Philly, I got a response.... It just said "welcome".  I wanted to cry.  I don't know what I was expecting, but more than that, for sure.  Alas, i just keep setting myself up for disappointment.

Other than all that, I have just been working all the time...which is really nothing to talk about.  Though, on the Wednesday before we left, some jackass stole a bunch of fragrance right as I got back from my lunch break.  I am not allowed to chase!  I was pissed!!!!!!!!!!  He was a tubbers too.  I totally could have done an open-field tackle and taken him down.  Bastard.

0 comments: